Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am in the middle of a pension mess by taking out a pension

I am in the middle of a pension mess by taking out a pension "loan" with a company that is now being investigated by the State of Washington for illegal contracts, scamming etc. I am not even sure they are legal in this state... If I wanted top stop payments until this is resolved what kind legal paperwork do I need to file ....?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am very sorry for your situation. Do you believe that you yourself have also been scammed/cheated?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes,little was explained to me .. I was in a mess and had just lost my husband will huge medical bills.. Was looking an Debt Relief Companies and the companies Web Site info popped up...

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Gail,

I am sorry to hear all this. You have three options here:

1) Simply stop paying. Chances are that if they are under a state investigation, they have little time/resources/care to pursue a small matter like yours. If they do make a demand for continuous payment, then, or, in the alternative:

2) You may file a a COMPLAINT FOR DECLARATORY JUDGMENT lawsuit asking the Court to sort this matter out between you and the company, and also possibly include a cause of action of FRAUD as well under the complaint. While this complaint (suit) is pending, you may file a Motion to Stay (stay = pause) asking the Court to order that the payments be stopped until this matter is cleared up/decided.

An attorney is recommended for this. May I recommend the WA Bar referral program - here. The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP. Some financial-based help is also available via this link.

Also, I can recommend three resources if finances are an issue. First, here is a list of all pro bono work in the state...

http://www.abanet.org/legalservices/probono/directory/washington.html

…and another list:

http://www.lawhelp.org

Finally, you may call your local law school and see if they have a legal clinic place available. The legal clinic is a free service the school(s) provide to the community. While they are often overbooked, they have openings sometimes. Here is the list law schools in your state:

http://www.hg.org/law-schools-washington.asp

I hope this helps and clarifies. Good luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your gratuity.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome ..

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
I feel better now with the information you provided

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Excellent. Again, good luck with this and all your endeavors.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Morning

Another question .. very unprofessional attempt contact was made by this pension company. I have no idea what's on the agenda next as far as contacting me. I would like to think it wont go far as they are truly being investigated and probably dont the a license .. How much harassment do I have to take ?

Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this. Is it the original creditor or a collection agency that is contacting you?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hello

I believe its The Lum-sum gang in the West Indies as they change the phone numbers for a caller ID all the time. They even called my neighbor to verify I live here .. Perhaps papers will be next ..Personally I think its a scare tactic as much trouble as they are in.

Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.
I see. In this case, because they are outside US jurisdiction, what someone in your situation needs to do is to change their telephone number and email. This way, they cannot bother you anymore. Unfortunately, unless you do both, they have a means of contacting you. It seems that this company is a scam company, and as such, may not care about legal threats because US law cannot reach them.