Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Im looking to get in contact with someone but it seems they

I'm looking to get in contact with someone but it seems they addressed kept private. The usual places I've tried are, whitepages, intellius and other online public record sites. If someone has removed their address from public record; what other methods can I use to find them legally?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

This is a tough situation. You may want to resort to retaining a private investigator if information is not shared. As there is no law requiring a person to share their information with anyone other than the IRS and other governmental agencies (and those records are typically private). There three options that remain would be the county courthouse where the person resided, the department or records, and the postal service. Typically the courthouse may have a wealth of information on the person that is available if you simply ask for it. Similarly you can obtain information from the county recording office since last know addresses are recorded there as well. Finally you can contact the USPS and find out if the person left a new address where they could be mailed a package directly.

Hope that helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What about the DMV?

The DMV will not share such information with third parties. They do not have to disclose such information to you.

Hope that helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Does a Police officer have access to Drivers address?

Yes, a police officer can check the driver's license information to see if it is valid. But he cannot simply run a search without cause as it would be a violation of his powers.