Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I paid for some materials and never received. This person has

I paid for some materials and never received. This person has received money for goods and has promised to repay money given(borrowed) has not given the products to me and now will not respond to my texts or calls. I have a piece of paper signed by such person for money received,but has not delivered the products paid for or returned the money as promised. Does this constitute fraud? It totals to close to $40,000. If not is there a way to recoup any of the money.
Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard

What you have here is a breach of contract. It is not criminal fraud.

I suggest to try to recoup your money you will need to file a civil lawsuit

I suggest to begin you write this person a letter and make a final demand for the materials or the full refund of the money. Tell them in the letter they have 7 days to respond to the request or you will have no other option but to file a civil lawsuit at which time you also will request they be ordered to pay any associated legal costs.

Mail this letter certified with a return receipt. That way you can show the cour you tried to resolve it outside the courtroom and also request any associated legal costs be paid by the Respondent.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for you advice I will type the letter and have it sent certified if she does not respond by tonight .

Hello

Good luck