Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I would like to know where or how to obtain a proxy for an

I would like to know where or how to obtain a proxy for an association that we belong to
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

1) Is this for voting purposes?
2) Is this for an HOA, corporation, etc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it is for voting purposes. I wouldn't exactly call it a HOA but it does have to do with an association that was set up for land owners of a ranch that has been sub divided.

Thank you, Sharon.

I am including a simple proxy which should do the trick. Please feel free to modify it as needed:

hereby authorize to serve as my proxy (Name/Affiliation)
and to vote on my behalf at the meeting (Specify meeting) to be held on (Date)

This proxy is valid for:

____ All Matters voted on at the Meeting

____ Specific Issue/Matter: _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for your help!

You are very welcome. Good luck, and please don't forget to rate my answer in one of top three faces and then SUBMIT – it is the only way I get credit for my time with you – or, please REPLY to keep on chatting – I want you to be satisfied.
Thank you for your gratuity.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In reference to the proxy I spoke to you about the other day. If a person owns a property with another person, and the other person is not able to be at the meeting, is a proxy needed for that person as well?

Hello friend,

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally speaking, it is one vote per property. If so, then one person of two people owning a property is only half. The proxy would then need a proxy document from BOTH owners.