Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I am requesting assistance to find out what my nephew can do

I am requesting assistance to find out what my nephew can do about past warrants and other legal issues within the State of Arizona. He is currently confined at The Coyote Ridge Correction Center, Connell, Washington. He has past convictions in the State of Arizona that I do not have the details about. He sent me a letter from the Public Defender sent to him informing him that he is required to be physically present for a request to have his warrants be resolved or a determination of additional requirements that may be set by the Maricopa County Court. I am not sure what to ask for, but he asked me to request additional information about potential sentences and length of probable incarceration in an Arizona Correctional facility.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, the public defender is correct in that he must be physically present in Arizona to have the warrants recalled. The only other possible option would be to get him a local Arizona attorney to seek to negotiate with the prosecutor in each location where he has a warrant and seek a plea bargain that would allow him to serve his sentence for the Arizona offenses at the same time he is serving time in Washington.

You can search some of the Arizona court cases at Arizona Court Search, which is run by the Arizona Courts.

As far as help though, legally the only real help is using a local Arizona attorney to negotiate with the prosecutors as I said and try to resolve this before his release date, as these warrants will cause a hold on his release and can cause him to be held to be sent to Arizona and be held again there until they are resolved.

As far as sentence information or potential sentences this is unknown, especially on the probation violation charge, until the local attorney actually digs up the court case files as that information is not available online.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.