TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

i am partner in a property that was owned by a partnership

i am partner in a property that was owned by a partnership between me and one other person. My partner past away and his wife went to probate court to transfer the ownership from his name to his wife’ s . I am legally entitled to receive copies of the court order ?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your legal questions.

You are legally entitled to be able to obtain copies of the court order. However, you are not entitled to have it served on you. In other words, you can get a copy of the order, but you will need to go to the court to get it. This is generally a very simple process. You go to the court where the case is pending and ask to see the case file.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am credited by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Kind regards,
Zachary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My problem is that I dont know which court they have gone to, and they are not cooperative. I know who their attorney is, can I request it from him?

Yes you can.

Before you do though, you may be able to find the case online. Can you tell me what county the probate case is filed in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sure, it was in Los Angeles County

Try using the following website to locate the case:

https://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/onlineservices/civilIndex/

I'm not sure that probate cases are listed, but it is worth a try.

You should be able to search by the name of your deceased partner