Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.

I was doing business with Lloyd Ward and Associates until they

I was doing business with Lloyd Ward and Associates until they decided to dump my credit card case onto a new company called Consumer Law Council LLC.

I had $5,630.00 in an escrow account and was told to pay $3500 to CLC and they would finish up my last two accounts. I can now get no one to answer my questions and the emails come back undeliverable. How do I find out if this is a rip off and what can I do?

Thank you for the information and your question. I am afraid I have don't have good news for you. Both Lloyd Ward and Associates and CLC are being discussed by more than one source on the internet as scams. You can see the Better Business Bureau report and grade (F, on a scale of A to F with F being the worst) by going to:

CLC appears to be a scam, or at least not delivering on promises, as well. So, at this point, you have a few options. One is to file complaints with the BBB against both companies. That won't generally get your money back, but it will put everyone on notice of what is happening with these companies. The next step is to file complaints with the Alaska Consumer Protection Unit of the Attorney General's Office and also with the Federal Trade Commission. Those complaints can very well result in you getting some, if not all of your money, as well as criminal and civil litigation by the State and the Federal Government against these companies.

You can find out how to file your complaint with the State at:

The FTC complaints can be filed at:

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with thank you for your business. It was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue in the future, if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.