Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My wife inherited a house, only her name is XXXXX XXXXX deed. Can

My wife inherited a house, only her name is XXXXX XXXXX deed. Can we use a quit claim deed to add me, her husband to the property. We are in FL.

Ray :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer.My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the expert that will be assisting you tonight.You can use a quitclaim deed.Your wife would be the grantor quit claiming it to the two of you as grantees.This then makes you joint owners of the property.She would complete the deed and sign it in front of the notary and then file it in your county deed records.

Ray :

Here are forms for you to preview and use.

Ray :

Once you file the quitclaim and it is microfilmed it will be returned to you for your records.

Ray :

The forms above can be previewed for free.

Ray :

I am here if you have more follow up.

Customer:

I am ready Just one second please while I retrieve some info

Ray :

These forms come with instructions here to help you complete and record it here with your county clerk.

Ray :

Take your time.

Ray :

Most Florida counties have a clerk and recorder’s office - the county clerk of courts. That is where Florida quit claim deeds are typically filed.

Customer:

I have a sample of the deed, was unsure how to fill it out.

Ray :

Your wife is the grantor and both of you are the grantees.This transfers it from her name alone to both of you.

Ray :

You may want to preview the one I gave you as it is made for a one person to husband and wife and is easier to complete.

Customer:

I think I understand now, thank you

Ray :

You are so welcome.I appreciate the chance to help you.

Ray :

If you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.Thanks again.

Customer:

will do.

Ray :

Take care and good evening.

Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "Ray" .

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please consider rating me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.