Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

I need to file for divorce. I also need to save money. I have

I need to file for divorce. I also need to save money. I have contacted an attorney in private practice, as well as a 'legal clinic' in my city. In my situation, there are no children or property/mortgage issues. But there are IRA and health insurance issues I would need an attorney to look into for me. The legal clinic will cost less, but I don't know if they can give the assistance I need. Please advise.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your difficult situation.

Do you have a specific legal question that I can answer for you or do you simply want to know whether it is better to hire a private divorce attorney or use legal clinic type of company?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I simply need to know whether it is better to hire a private divorce attorney. I also became aware of a significant tax debt owed when I filed separately and did not receive my refund.

Dear Beverly,

Thank you for your follow up.

It is always better to hire a local private divorce attorney who can make sure that your legal rights are fully protected in your upcoming divorce, especially if there are issues, such as retirement benefits or tax liability that exists.

You can find an experienced local divorce attorney by using this well trusted and reliable attorney information / referral websites:

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.