Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19 Years of Legal Practice Experience in this precise field.
10805288

I am 62,my dauter living with me is 30. she graduated from

I am 62,my dauter living with me is 30. she graduated from college,has always been employed,volunteerd with domestic violence,with the homeless,has noprior charges not en a traffic ticket. she has been out of work for about 2 years ,off and on,finally is working with autistic children as a behavioral specialist. during her time odd,she was seeing a psychiatrist for depression and panic attacks,not being social and withdrawing fom others. Aer two weeks working,one day she decided she was too ill to go to work. I was very angry feeling the destruction path was beginning again. with educational loans,for two daughters, car loans,insunces,etc,being a young widow at 50,i was angry...we began to argue. I made her clea out her closet,takinglothes no longer worn,posting them on a local rummage sale website to sell to acquire some funds toward her car insurance. after about a,she decided she w go to her room...I grabbed some clothes,in return,she grabbed same ones...a struggle began along with arguing...without realizing,she released clothes,i flew against our china closet ,hitting my head and shoulder,immediately ,with anger called the police..they came talked to us and I filed a complaint against her. after police left,she and I talked realizing what had happened. that evening I called thece to have chages opped,they told me I could drop charges and they would leave the message for the assisting officer. I got in touch with him on mon morning ,at which tim there wasothing I could do,it was sent in. two days later she received a summons for harassment. she wrote a letter to the magistrate to explain whaad happened. estion is can I write also what had happened and ask for a dismissal. we sent the money in ,it's in escrow. she is far from a always with homeless,domestic violence,worked suicidal crisis line ,was case manager of a oys group home,preently works with stic children. e problem was more mine for over re acting to the situation. I just am getting older and want to see her succeed and not start taking off time from work annot have a job in this economy. lp.
Expert:  Alexia Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing law for 19+ years and look forward to assisting you.

I am 62,my dauter living with me is 30. she graduated from college,has always been employed,volunteerd with domestic violence,with the homeless,has noprior charges not en a traffic ticket. she has been out of work for about 2 years ,off and on,finally is working with autistic children as a behavioral specialist. during her time odd,she was seeing a psychiatrist for depression and panic attacks,not being social and withdrawing fom others. OK.

Aer two weeks working,one day she decided she was too ill to go to work. I was very angry feeling the destruction path was beginning again. with educational loans,for two daughters, car loans,insunces,etc,being a young widow at 50,i was angry...we began to argue. I understand. It is stressful.

I made her clea out her closet,takinglothes no longer worn,posting them on a local rummage sale website to sell to acquire some funds toward her car insurance. after about a,she decided she w go to her room...I grabbed some clothes,in return,she grabbed same ones...a struggle began along with arguing...without realizing,she released clothes,i flew against our china closet ,hitting my head and shoulder,immediately ,with anger called the police... Hmm. Sometimes acting impulsively out of anger, vs. fear for current safety can backfire.

they came talked to us and I filed a complaint against her. after police left,she and I talked realizing what had happened. that evening I called thece to have chages opped,they told me I could drop charges That is not always the case.

and they would leave the message for the assisting officer. I got in touch with him on mon morning ,at which tim there wasothing I could do,it was sent in. two days later she received a summons for harassment. she wrote a letter to the magistrate to explain whaad happened. estion is can I write also what had happened and ask for a dismissal. Yes, you can. It is not "you vs. daughter", however, typically, so because their is evidence that she committed a crime (the evidence being your PRIOR statements under oath), the State is often the petitioner - state vs. daughter. So the state, being the petitioner, decides whether to drop it. That being said, since it wasn't your typically domestic violence situation with ongoing abuses, because there is no history, and because you do not wish to be a witness agianst your daughter, they may choose to drop it rather than use limited resources to move forward on this. You likely would not make a good witness against her, given your current desire to have these charges dismissed.

we sent the money in ,it's in escrow. she is far from a always with homeless,domestic violence,worked suicidal crisis line ,was case manager of a oys group home,preently works with stic children. e problem was more mine for over re acting to the situation. I just am getting older and want to see her succeed and not start taking off time from work annot have a job in this economy. lp.You need not justify your feelings on this. You are a loving parent, who even houses her adult child who is not yet quite self sufficient on her own. I can totally understand your concerns. Getting physical is obviously not the solution, but you are human. I am wondering if some family/life coaching may not be a source of learning of coping and other skills so you can both achieve what you want. Your daughter may also want some mental health counseling, to help her remain grounded, able to view the positives, etc.

Optional Information:
Country relating to Question: United States
State (if USA): Pennsylvania
What have you tried so far?: se the escrow money stse my daughter wrote a letter stating that she is not guilty,explaining what had happened. also,she talked to her psychiatrist who is advising her,medicating her for panic attacks and some depression..he is sending a letter to our magistrate. Great.

I was summoned to appear but a year ago had a right breast mastectomy..just developed lupus,and next onth am having the left breast done. I am a widow[at 50] now 62 just over reacted because I fear they will have nothing if I allow them to be lax and not achieverite and explain ti magistrate and ask for a dismissal? Yes, if there is no prosecuting attorney and just a magistrate, certainly. Speak to the offier as well. ANd if there is a prosecuting attorney, speak to him/her as well.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Alexia Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Your online legal resource!

Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Experience: 19 Years of Legal Practice Experience in this precise field.