Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

Im state licensed landscape contractor and want to know if

I’m state licensed landscape contractor and want to know if I can form my landscaping business as LLC (Limited Liability Company) in California. Is there any rules or restrictions? If LLC is not possible, is there any economically suitable structure for a small landscape business to protect its private assets, besides forming c-corporation?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.

Before we begin, a bit more detail would be helpful please.

Is there a reason why you believe you could not form an LLC?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was just reading a Nolo book and it says"If you have a vocational or professional license before spending any more time, call LLC filing office to check....".

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the additional information.

All that means is that you should not start doing business with a new entity until you amend or transfer your license. You can form an LLC for your business. You will then need to amend your state license, which should not be a problem. You just what to make sure to not use the LLC for your business until the license is amended.

See this link for Arts. of Organization to form the LLC: http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/llc/forms/llc-1.pdf

It is my privilege to assist you.  Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Since this forum is no substitute for your own legal counsel, you may want to verify the information I have provided with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures.

I am happy to answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. 

Thank you.

Loren.