Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

My chestnut tree is entirely on my land...some an burrs

My chestnut tree is entirely on my land...some nuts an burrs fall on neighbors property..he demands I clean them from his property.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing and providing you information in this regard.

The neighbor needs to clean his own yard. It is called an "Act of Nature" that the debris is getting into his yard.

Now, if your tree falls and causes damage to his property, then you could be responsible, if you were notified by the neighbor that the tree appears to be a danger.

So if the neighbor has now put you on notice that the debris is a nuisance, while you have no legal obligation to clean up his yard, should one of the nuts crack or break a window you could be responsible

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated