Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Is there a chance someone will file a class action suit against

Is there a chance someone will file a class action suit against Ted Cruz and the GOP for damages incurred during the Government shutdown?
Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

Unfortunately, Congress nor its members can be sued. They have a broad range of immunity.

They cannot be sued for voted they take nor for simply doing nothing

However, political groups such as the National Republican Committee and/or the Democrat National Committee may be sued if you can show that they were negligent or did anything to cause the shutdown

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated