Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

Wisconsin what is the statutory time frame that I could be

Wisconsin what is the statutory time frame that I could be taken to court for a worthless check. Was contacted by phone last night about check from over 6 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.

Wisconsin has a 6 year statute of limitations for suing for a bad check. If it has been over 6 years since you presented the check then you could assert that as an absolute defense from the claim.

I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do they have to serve me by mail?

they don't even know my address.

They would have to serve you personally.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you very much - lost all my belonging to storage unit leak and ruined everything so I have no proof of paying this.

Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "Loren" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, Dana, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please consider rating me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.