Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.
54899578

I would like to know how to contact my ex girlfriend. 6 months

I would like to know how to contact my ex girlfriend. 6 months ago I was told by a cop not to call her again, but now I hear she wants me back. can I write a letter,an email or have someone else contact her?

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Can you tell me if a restraining order was actually made against you (by a judge) or were you just told by a cop not to contact her any further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was just told by a judge not to contact her any further.

Hello Robert,

Can you clarify? I thought you stated that a cop told you not to contact her further first.

Was this due to a criminal case and was a restraining order or protective order placed on you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was told by a cop not to contact her again
no to the second question. it wasnot due to a criminal case and there was no restraining order or protective order placed on me.

Thanks Robert,

The statements of a cop do not carry any legal weight to them. A cop can tell you many things that aren't true and call tell you not to contact someone (or 'call' someone), but that doesn't mean that there is anything legally preventing you from doing so. (In other words, because the cop said it, doesn't make it illegal for you to call her).

Since there is no protective order or criminal order in place, you can contact her in whatever way you see fit. Although it would probably be best to write her a letter or email (rather than going to see her in person) to see if she does indeed want to get back together with you.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service. Please contact me first if you are contemplating leaving me a negative rating, as I’ll be happy to continue to address your concerns until you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work. (It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit). Please also rate me highly (9-10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!

-Joseph

Hello Robert,

Just wanted to check in to see if you had any follow up or clarifying questions regarding the above information.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work!

Thanks and best of luck!