Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I would like to know if my contractor is responsible for my

I would like to know if my contractor is responsible for my brick delivery as stated he will match existing brick after stating also contractor is not responsible for matching of the exterior brick veneer due to the age and availability of the brick.my wife and I have located the brick and he wants us to pay to transport them is this possible.
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Roger :

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a construction litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.

Roger :

Do you have a written contract that says the contractor is not responsible if the brick doesn't match?

Roger :

The likely reason the contractor is wanting you to locate and bring in the brick is so he can then say he put up what you gave him. Otherwise, if he found the brick and it didn't match, the expense and burden would be on him.

Customer:

We have located the brick he wants to make it seems as if we have to pay to have transported to the house should the fee to transport them be our responsiblity

Roger :

If your contract doesn't cover this expense - - in other words if his contract is simply to do the brick-laying, then it is likely your responsibility.

Roger :

It all depends on what your contract says.

Customer:

The contract is for him to provide the brick and lay the brick after we have located the brick he does not want to pay for transporting them and did not state a certain mile radius To have them picked up.

Roger :

If the agreement says that the contractor will PROVIDE the brick, then that's your answer. If it is up to him to provide it, then the cost associated with his providing it would be part of your contract.

Customer:

Who will answer my question waiting.

Roger :

Hi - sorry if you can't see my response above.........

Roger :

Roger :

Therefore, it would be your contractor's responsibility to provide the brick, which means that he will have to do whatever is necessary to have the brick delivered to the jobsite.

Roger :

Can you see my posts?? Sometimes, the chat function doesn't work properly on all machines. If I don't hear back from you in a few minutes, I'll switch us to the Q&A mode, which should make it easy for you to see my responses.

Customer:

Thank you and will you E-Mail me this information.

Roger :

I don't have access to your email, but you can either copy and paste the information into a word process or (like Microsoft Word or Word Perfect), or you should be able to print the webpage.

Roger :

I'll switch to Q&A so you can see the entire post.

Roger, Attorney
Experience: BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters