TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I want to make and sell a series of instructional videos regarding

I want to make and sell a series of instructional videos regarding bar tending. Some videos could include me mentioning popular product labels. Is it legal for me to mention products like Johnny Walker, Greygoose, Absolut Vodka, etc... as long as I don't show the label from the bottle?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your legal question.

It is legal to mention there names without obtaining prior authorization. However, you are correct that you would need to get prior authorization from the company's before showing their labels, which are their trademarks, in any video which you intend to sell for profit.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am credited by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Kind regards,
Zachary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That was fast! Thank you so much!

My pleasure. Please remember to rate my answer!

Zachary