TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Is there a time limit established in Ma. to which an insurance

Is there a time limit established in Ma. to which an insurance co. must adhere in paying a judge mediated agreed sum to an injured party?
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

No, there is no time limit mandated by law. There could be a time limit mandated by the agreement. For example, if you and the insurance company signed an agreement, that agreement may state that payment must be made within X number of days, or by X date. The agreement may then have consequences if there is a late payment, such as the entry of a judgment. That is generally how it works. If there are no such provisions in your agreement, and if the insurance company refuses to comply with the agreement, then you will need to proceed in court by either arguing a breach of the settlement agreement (i.e., breach of contract), or by continuing with the original lawsuit.

As for the normal fee for the mediating judge, you should contact the court clerk or the mediating judge to ask about the fee. It is usually something like $200 per party for the first two hours, and then $100 per party per hour thereafter. That would be a normal fee, but you will have to contact the court clerk or judge to find out the exact fee.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To TJ, Esq." in the subject line of your question.