Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.

Hello, I have an opportunity to purchase a boat from a client

I have an opportunity to purchase a boat from a client of mine.
She is asking to help me pay the loan on the boat.
Balance is $30, 000
We are going to meet 1/2 way.
Payments are $400.00. We are going to make doble payments to speed up the loan pay off time, $800.00
Is there a way I can put a legal contract in case she default on her end of the deal?

Thank you
Jp
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 months ago.

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, you can definitely have her sign a contract that promises to provide $400 a month to pay for the boat. If she then defaults, you could sue her for breach of contract for failing to provide the $400 a month.

Of course, this would need to be a mutual contract, between you and her, obligating both of you to provide $400 a month.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service. Please contact me first if you are contemplating leaving me a negative rating, as I’ll be happy to continue to address your concerns until you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work. (It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit). Please also rate me highly (9-10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!

-Joseph

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Joseph;

It's possible to keep the loan as is (under Her name).

We can make the the payment each month and ones the boat is pay off in two years, she'll surrender the title to me.

Will you be able to put this contract together, will this contract be legal in Florida and what will be the cost?

Thank you for your help.

Jp

Expert:  Joseph replied 6 months ago.
Hello Jose,

No, I cannot put this contract together for you due to JustAnswer site rules, as that would constitute legal practice not information.

Yes, you can leave the loan in her name.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Joseph;

Thank you for your feed back.

Jp

Expert:  Joseph replied 6 months ago.
Thank you Jose.

Happy to help and best of luck to you!
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.