Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.
54899578

how do I find a ADA layer in AR.To Whom It May Concern:I

how do I find a ADA layer in AR. To Whom It May Concern: I am writing you this letter to tell you what happened to me at a motel located at: 8th Street Motel 315 S. 8th street Rogers, AR 72756 I stayed at this address from 12/18/2012 to 01/06/2013. During my stay there on 01/03/2013 I was going to the lobby of the motel because that is the only place the wifi worked. When I entered the lobby a lady started yelling at me in and called me nosy, dumb, and retarded. She was upset at the police over something and had been drinking based on all her actions. I asked her are talking to me? She said “Hell Yes you asshole”. “Why don't you mine your own business you son of a bitch”. I just came in the front door into the main lobby and she called me ever name in the book. Yelling at me for no reason, I didn’t know who she was at that time. I had to ask the night front desk clerk (Scott), who she was and was there a threatening tone to her voice? She wanted to do great bodily harm too me. Based on what she was yelling at me. I saw that she was extremely mad and what she was yelling I felt threatened. She had been talking to 3 police office in a loud voice. I had no idea what that was all about? The next night she continued to harassment and intimated me. That put me in a major deep depression and severe anxiety with lack of sleep do to her actions. Along with two days of migraine headaches over all this. The employee name that caused this is Jennifer. The owner of the motel name isXXXXX witness to the incident is Scott Trahan phone #XXX-XXX-XXXX Before I checked into the motel I ask if they had any handicapped rooms, their answer was no. Because of my financial status I had little to no choice for staying there. After checking into the motel I noticed the violations of ADA statute title II and III: Van Parking Spaces. For every six or fraction of six parking spaces required by 208.2 to comply with 502, at least one shall be a van parking space complying with 502, they had none.The doorway to the bathroom is too small for wheel chairs. No roll in tubs or showers and no ADA hand bars at tub room 306. Only 2 ramps for a 200 room motel, most people who are handicap had to step off the sidewalk and step back on with a walker or cane. Next door there was a senior citizen around 80. I noticed him coming and going several times during my stay and he was having a very hard time getting up and down off the sidewalk. I had a hard time with my cane and braces on not to loose my balance and fall. I had a ADA helper 5 hrs a day 7 days a week (Joe) C.N.A that watched out for me. No way to get to the only laundry room located on the second floor with a handicap, it would be easy to loose your balance and fall. No elevators for the disabled. Other health, fire and building violations I noticed are: No smoke alarms in March 11, 2013some rooms Roach infested and bed bugs rooms, in most if not all rooms Building main braces on 2nd floor when looking up from 1st floor are rusted and have holes in spots Peeling paint in my bathroom Coolers filled with ice stored on the dirty floor for guests to use, breaking health laws Act 368. All food must be 2" off the floor also ice scoop was being put back in the coolers the handle touching ice. Yes, Ice is food under USDA act, There is a lot more that an ADA Inspector, Health Dept, Rogers City code inspector (building) and Fire Dept could find more with their training and trained eyes. But this is a lot to go on all ready.The witness’s are: Tom Pipich, (XXX) XXX-XXXX Joe Mcneer CNA (XXX) XXX-XXXX. I was in Room 306 and Dennis Dasse XXX-XXX-XXXX orXXX@XXXXXX.XXX,XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX To establish the cause of action under the independent tort theory, a plaintiff must prove the following:• The wrongdoer’s conduct was intentional or reckless; very degrading • The conduct was outrageous; I went back to my room and puked. • The conduct resulted in emotional distress The emotional distress was severe. I went into a deep depression, Its all so caused My OCD to go out of control bye Washings my hands and locking my door and relocking the door about 20 times and rechecking it again and again. This caused my anxiety to become severe and made my heart beat real fast and I was thinking over and over what happen, it gave me a migraine headache. The whole experience was one of the worse of my life outside of being robbed 2 times. It was just as bad as that and my PTSD started again. She ruined my self-esteem with the yelling at me like she did. Now I am scared to go out by myself I don't fill safe and more. I had to move 3 times after I checked in. The first room I had the lock didn’t work right and wouldn’t open. It was discovered when I tried to put my things in the room. It was on a cold Dec day and locked out. The second room smelled really bad and ask to be moved. I hope this has built a very strong Federal case on both cases

Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Unfortunately, JustAnswer experts cannot make specific recommendations for attorneys ({due to the rules of site and ules of professional conduct), but I can provide you with some websites that are good starting points to find an attorney to take your case?

Also, can you tell me if you've filed an ADA complaint with the Department of Justice yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did file with DOJ no responce 4 to6 mo ago

please email me any websites thank you dennis

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes did file with DOJ no responce yet

Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dennis,

You can and should file up with the Department of Justice, which you can do using the information available online here:

http://www.ada.gov/fact_on_complaint.htm

I would definitely suggest you call to get the status of your complaint. Although it may be difficult due to the current government shutdown.

The sites that I was mentioning are the following:

www.lawyers.com

www.avvo.com

www.martindale.com

I would strongly suggest that you only hire an attorney on a contingency basis, so you only have to compensate the attorney if you receive a settlement or verdict in your favor.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service. Please contact me first if you are contemplating leaving me a negative rating, as I’ll be happy to continue to address your concerns until you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work. (It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit). Please also rate me highly (9-10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!

-Joseph

Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you Dennis