How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31662
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my x pled no contest to domestic violence in Oct 2011 and Im

Customer Question

my x pled no contest to domestic violence in Oct 2011 and I'm still suffering the emotiolnal consequences is there anything I can do? I'm in Ohio
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 3 years ago.

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Roger : Under Ohio law, there is a 4 year statute of limitations for intentional infliction of emotional distress. In order to prove a claim of intentional infliction of emotional distress, the plaintiff must show that the defendant intentionally or recklessly caused him serious emotional distress by extreme and outrageous conduct. Yeager v. Local Union 20, Teamsters, Chauffeurs, Warehousemen & Helpers of Am. (1983),XXXXX3d 369, 373-375.
Roger : Thus, you'd be within the applicable time period to sue for this, but in order to recover, you'd have to be able to prove that you've got a diagnosed medical mental condition, and that this condition is a result of your ex's actions against you.
Roger : If you can prove this, then you could sue for damages.
Customer :

not the information i was looking for

Roger : Sorry if I misunderstood your question. What is it that you're asking?