dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues

We claimed bankruptcy. I had a lawsuit pending for personal

We claimed bankruptcy. I had a lawsuit pending for personal injury which was attached. Creditors were paid and money was dispersed to me. Now my lawyer said that the trustee made a mistake and wants money back. He made this dispersement over two months ago. What r my rights

Hello and thank you for your question. For over 35 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

if trustee made a mistake, it is not as simple as asking you for the money back. Instead, he must first petition the judge and explain how is error occurred. Likewise, the court will then decide if the trustee should be responsible for his mistake or if the money should be returned. So make the trustee work for the money and hope that the judge agrees with you.

Please rate my answer ok or better so that I am paid for helping you.