CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

Hello William B. Esq. Follow-up

Hello William B. Esq. A Customer Care Representative has scheduled a follow-up on Thursday, October 17th at 2:00pm PST.

Here is a link to the previous conversation: http://www.justanswer.com/law/81qn8-yesterday-found-summons-bushes-suit.html

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for using our service, and thank you for requesting me. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you today.

William B. Esq. :

I see that you would like to "chat" with me regarding some legal information, I can be available on Thursday afternoon. I do know that these sessions can work best if I have some more information about what you are looking for and I can prepare ahead of time.

William B. Esq. :

I will leave the "chat" function open and I will be notified as soon as you respond. I look forward to corresponding with you.

Hello, welcome back. I'd love to get an update.

Has anything changed since our previous conversation?

Do you have any additional questions that I can help you with today?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do have some questions that I wrote down. Unfortunately I have a meeting at 2:30 since I was expecting to get on at 2 but I think that this will still give us enough time. Here are my questions:

This is for my wife but I want to handle all of the negotiations. What paperwork is needed for me to be able to represent her at the courthouse and with the creditors?

How do I find out the outcome of a suit? Can I go to the courthouse and get the data from the clerk?

How do I make a motion to strike?

How do I make a motion to set aside?

What paperwork is needed for me to be able to represent her at the courthouse and with the creditors?

Unfortunately, you cannot represent your wife in court (only an attorney can. There are very few matters in which a non-attorney can represent a person or party). You can however appear with your wife and assist her in preparing her representation and statements to the Court (many judges will even permit you to sit with her at the counsel table in the courtroom).

You can get the information on the outcome of the suit - the Courthouse will have a "Register of Actions" that will give you all motions, papers, pleadings, and the judgment. (Some counties have this information available online, but not all).

How do I make a motion to strike?
To make a motion to strike you file a set of documents: (1) Notice of Motion; (2) Motion; (3) Memorandum of Points and Authorities (your legal support); and (4) a declaration supporting the motion.

You can find samples of each of these documents online using "Google" searches, Yahoo, etc.

How do I make a motion to set aside?

You make a motion to set aside the same way.

Make sure that you serve the other party, and then file the documents with the Court.

I apologize for the break in our "chat" function, this is a new system that we are using and the automated reply turned our conversation back to this "Q&A". I will still be able to follow up quickly this afternoon.