How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

need help with my plaseing my brother but he has no over cr,

Customer Question

need help with my plaseing my brother but he has no over cr, he is 57years old
cant read r right. he lives with me ,our mother has pass.
call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX, or e-mail @[email protected]

Katherine tinsley.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  TexLaw replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer. The website rules prohibit us from actually contacting you by phone.

We will only be able to speak with you through this website. If you are looking for an attorney to contact you by phone, you will need to call your local legal aid office for further help.

Please let me know if you want to continue in this forum. If not, I will refer you to customer service for a refund.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My name is Katherine Tinsley and I am having problems with getting my Mentally challenged brother any assistance!!! like the proper care that he needs!!! he has been residing with me since my parents have been deceased.... He does not have a power of attorney.. but I am his payee... I have medical issues my self and really cant take on the responsibilities of him.... with out legal power over him it is hard to place him in a facility that can help him with his needs.... I can explain further when talking to someone.... This matter has became an issue to my health!!! its very stressful.... so I am needing to know the steps of getting a power of attorney!! His name is Roy C. Spencer he is 57 years old....

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no this way is just fine since I already paid!!! I understand that!!! by looking at my questions what should I do!!!!

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 years ago.
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. My name is Bill and I would like to assist you today.

While I cannot ensure that this is the proper avenue for you, I can assure you that this is one venue that will assist you in getting care for your brother (including housing, medical, and money management) in a way that will allow you to continue your relationship with your brother, but relieve you of the continual duties and obligations.

Connecting your brother with the Public Guardian's Office ( will potentially allow you to establish a guardianship for your brother through the government which gives the government these duties and obligations to protect and look after him.

I worked as a deputy public guardian (and have disabled children of my own), and while I understand the difficulties associated with having other individuals take over care of your loved ones, it can be beneficial to all concerned.

I hope the above is helpful, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to let me know and I will follow up quickly.

Thank you for using our service, please do not forget to rate my answer when you are satisfied. I do wish you the best of luck in this matter.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I’m Wendy, and I’m moderator for this Legal topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,