Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

If the rent was sent 11 days before, are you still responsible

Customer Question

If the rent was sent 11 days before, are you still responsible for the late fees, if the post office doesn't deliver it to rental office?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 years ago.

Dwayne B. :

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

Dwayne B. :

As a general rule, meaning unless the contract has a term that is different, the landlord is allowed to charge late fees if a payment isn't received by the due date.

Dwayne B. :

If they refuse to provide information as to the account number where the money could be transferred then in a lawsuit you could likely force them to waive any late fees attributable to that delay, but not to the initial one.

Dwayne B. :

The website is showing you are offline so I will save and exit so I can assist others. If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask them in this thread. I will be online most of the day but it may take a little while for me to answer if I am assisting others.