Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

What can you tell me about Barrister Philip Mensah in Ghan

What can you tell me about Barrister Philip Mensah in Ghana.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 9 months ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. Would you mind sharing with me what your involvement/interaction with this person is? Do you know them? How did they contact you?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

He is the Barrister who represented a man named Joseph F Arnold, who my company invested money with, but he was killed in a auto accident in 2011 supposedly.

Now the barrister is in control of almost $30 million that belongs to us.

And you are in the United States? Did you ever meet either man? I am just trying to determine if this man and/or barrister was met over the internet or if you are 100% positive that they truly exist.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

No I never met the barrister, but one of my stockholders met Mr. Arnold several times.

Mr. Arnold did appeared off the radar screen in 2011, but lately wee found out he was killed.

So what is your concern at this time? Have you been contacted by the Barrister? Where is your money at this time? Even though the man you invested with was killed, someone should have taken over control for his business and assets and should have contacted you? Do you have evidence of the $30 million lent? Where was this deal done?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

The barrister said he did not know about us until I called him.

How did it take 2 years to find out that this man died?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

We thought he had skipped out on the money until we started investigating.

It is possible that this very likely could have been a scam. Of course, you have spoken with the Barrister and you also have a stockholder who met Mr. Arnold in the past but it does not mean that this was not all set up and planned. What concerns me is that this man was handling and investing $30 million dollars of your money and that there is no record of it and nobody has contacted you at any time over the past 3 years. Typically, when investing money with someone, if they were to die, someone would come in and take over control of business/investment and/or would have contacted you about how to retrieve your investment, if he was working alone. The fact that nobody contacted you after all this time and with all the money left unaccounted for, seems odd. If the Barrister has opened communication for you, you certainly want to advise him of the situation and ask where the money is. You also want to find out who handle the estate of the man and his business affairs. You also may want to consider turning over any proof you have of the investment as well, if this Barrister is going to cooperate with you in retrieving your money. Like I said before, $30 million is a lot of money to be missing and it is odd that no action was taken after all this time. Nobody in the United States is going to be able to authenticate the true identity of this Barrister, so proceed with caution, since you are dealing with someone from another country. If the Barrister truly represented Mr. Arnold, it is hard to believe he did not know about a $30 million investment.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

can you call me? XXX-XXX-XXXX Wilton Burris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

This does not help--I need to speak with you by phone.

XXX-XXX-XXXX cell Wilton Burris

I am sorry but the site does not allow us to speak over the phone. If you can let me know in greater detail what you would like to know, I would be happy to respond or redirect you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

can you confirm a death in Ghana for me?

No, I am sorry, I can not. I will opt out and allow another expert to try and assist you. Please hold on for a few moments.
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am another expert at JustAnswer.

The Ghana Bar Association maintains a roll of members in good standing online. You can find this roll by clicking here.

After a careful search, it would seem that Philip Mensah is not listed as a member of the Bar. As such, I am forced to conclude that this individual is not a member of the Ghana Bar.

This is not unusual. Ghana is one of the centers of "attorney scams." See here.

Claiming that they hold millions of dollars belonging to you, and/or bullion, and/or other valuables, these scammers try to entice you to send money to them to "release" these valuables. This is fake. It is a scam. See here.

Ghanaian authorities are unable/unwilling to stop these scams from occurring, and it seems that you were singled out as a target. PLEASE, do not fall for it. This is a scam. There would be no reason to confirm a death because we already know that (1) no such attorney exists and (2) this falls under the guise of a typical scam from Ghana.

I am sorry.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

None of this has helped me.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Philip Mensah is listed in the bar association in Ghana.

I've already checked that.

Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

Hmm. Considering that the Bar's official roll does not contain that name, I would like to know what resource you used to confirm this.

Would you be so kind as to share?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Google

Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

I have just Googled that name. Nothing concrete comes up except a LinkedIn and a Facebook page, which anyone can create.

Please understand that the Ghana Bar's official roll takes precedence over any LinkedIn or Facebook page.

For example, I can easily create a LinkedIn or Facebook page with the name "Ibrahim Al-Sissi" and claim to be a lawyer in Syria. Prove me wrong?

Point is, the Ghana Bar states that there is no such barrister. It has the final say. Also, this scam is very much textbook as far as Ghanaian scams are.

Ergo, sorry, my answer stands as is. I am sorry. You can rate me negatively if you'd like, but I do not wish to lie to you...
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thank you---I didn't think you were lying.

Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.
You are very welcome. I know what you meant.

Look, I am going to be blunt my friend: this is a scam. I see these kinds of matters all the time, and I am very good at seeing what is a scam and what is not.

This is. We have discussed how:
1) The Ghana Roll (the only one authentic to state this) shows that his name is XXXXX XXXXX the roll;

2) How their claims fit that of a fake barrister/layer/attorney (see the links I provided); and

3) How them being out of Ghana seals this as a scam.

We can tag back and forth all day and I do not mind (really), but this is a scam.

Gentle Reminder: Again, surely you prefer that I be honest in my answer – please remember that rating negatively due to receiving bad news still hurts the expert – it is simply the way that the system is set up. Please use REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. (You may always ask follow ups free after rating.)
Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.
Thank you.

Please let me know if you need me to answer anything else.