LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  7+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

If a court has failed to notify your attorney, your bonding

If a court has failed to notify your attorney, your bonding agent or you of a trial date 3 times and you were arrested and had to bond out. This has cost me more money in attorney fees and bonding agencies fees each time. What are my options to stop this procedure. Asking for my son. This case dates back to 2002.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 9 months ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. How has the attorney allowed this to happen 3 times? Is the court just not sending out any notice and simply setting the case for trial? Does the court have the attorneys address on record?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes they have all correct addresses of Bonding Co. Attorney. his address and my address as a previous address and no one notification. His attorney said incompentance on the court systems part but the attorney fees, and bonding fees, and embarrasement of being arrested is out of hand.

Jean, thank you for the additional information. The attorney should set a hearing with the Judge,to address this issue and be able to identify where and what the problem is. If this happened three times already, the attorney should have made the Judge aware that for some reason, nobody is receiving any notice, which is why the defendant fails to appear. The Judge should also check to make sure notice was sent, prior to issuing a warrant, to make sure the defendant was placed on notice. His attorney should be proactive and check the docket for any court dates, since he is failing to be notified of them. What seems odd, it that when he goes before the Judge, a trial date is not given to him at that time, so he is aware. In a situation like this, the court is not going to reimburse your son for the costs, based upon their mistakes. While the Judge should lift any warrants and not hold him in jail, it seems odd that three separate times, nobody every received notice and the trial date was just set, without knowing of the attorney or State will be ready and available. Typically, once the State and Defense announce that they are ready for trial, a date is set by the court, that day, to make sure there is no conflict. I am unsure as to why the attorney himself has failed to know when the next court date or trial date is.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience: 7+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.