Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I was ordained in Florida last year, however, I never had the

I was ordained in Florida last year, however, I never had the chance to married anyone. After my license expired, and after I sent them a letter of no intent to renew it "my Church" through his representative called me threatening that they have file felony charges agaist me for fraud. He later stated that the only way to avoid being arrested was by paying my fees and 5000 used restitution.
Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this matter.

I am not sure where there would be a basis for fraud. You simply choose not to renew your license, correct?

Were there classes you took with your church to be ordained? Did you pay for those classes OR

Was there an agreement/contract that if you did not continue to be licnsed for a certain amount of years you would have to repay the cost to ordain you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There were no classes and i did not sigh any agreements to renew without a request. I paid for the license and ID. They were valid for one yearAccording to brother Michael, he is basing the fraud charges because my debit card had been stopped by he back and I did not notify him of that fact . The universal life church world headquarters minster basically tried o extortion the payment from me.
Hello

I see.

Well, I suggest that you have every right not to renew your license. And if there was a hold on some sort of automatic payment, I suggest that it not a crime since you advised them you were not going to renew.

I suggest that you should try to relax. It does not appear to be any criteria or elements that would allow them to file any criminal charges against you.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry I was on a plane and had to turned my phone off. It is not easy to relax when you have been victimize. I need to know who can i contact to file charges against this person. I know extortion is illegal in all states, although I don't remember all the elements of the crime,but my peace bas been disturbed and relaxing now is no easy. This person Needs to be stopped or other victims will be suffering the same. Please let me know the authority that can attempt to the issue.
Hello

I suggest if you feel this is extoration, then you can file a complaint with your local police and/or you can discuss it with the DIstrict Attorney in your area.