How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27010
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is a clarification: If I have a legal license in Costa

This answer was rated:

This is a clarification: If I have a legal license in Costa Rica and am working in Costa Rica, and prescribe an illegal drug in the U.S., do I lose my U.S. license?

Thank you for this follow up post though you could have continued it on the other thread.

Are you saying you prescribe a drug that is illegal in the US but legal in Costa Rica to a resident of Costa Rica?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't prescribe anything illegal, but there are medicines available, like ibogaine, not available in the U.S.


If you are practicing legally in CR, then you will not lose your license in the US if you are prescribing what is legal and available in CR.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.
Sam and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you