Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs

Person A lives in PA but bought a horse from B who is in NY.

Person A lives in PA but bought a horse from B who is in NY. The horse was found to have been drugged during A's farm visits to B, so the horse behaved drastically differently at A's place. A wants a refund, but B refuses. A is contemplating taking B to court, but in which state should A file? PA or NY?
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
A would have to file suit against B in NY because NY is the state that would have personal jurisdiction over the case and could compel B to appear in court. PA wouldn't have jurisdiction over B unless B was actually served the complaint and summons inside the state.