David C. Garner
David C. Garner, Attorney
Experience:  JD with Distinction, Admitted to practice in California
19551178

Yesterday, I agreed to purchase a vacation at a resort in Mexico

Yesterday, I agreed to purchase a vacation at a resort in Mexico for &799. over the phone. Today I am afraid I made a big mistake. I gave them my AMEX credit card info to pay for it. Is there anything I can do?
Expert:  David C. Garner replied 11 months ago.

David C. Garner :

Hello, are you there?

David C. Garner :

Hello.....

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

You did not indicate why you wish to get out of this, and more information would be helpful, but the short answer is you need to immediately alert your credit card company to block any such transactions.

I hope this helps.

DCG

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I called my credit card and was told that the transaction had been approved by AMEX and that as it was still pending and the charge had not yet been posted they could not dispute it. I tried to explain that the charge was for the correct amount, but I hat I had changed my mind and did not want the vacation. I was told there was nothing they could do until it was posted.

I'll try and help.

Why do you want to cancel the transaction? Were you pressured or was there another reason.

Please let me know.

DCG

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes, I did feel pressured to get this deal. My husband wasn't at home and I had no one to advise me. Since that time, I've had second thoughts about the cost and how to tell my husband what I've done.

Ok,

Wait until the charge appears on your credit card. DO NOT PAY it. Dispute it immediately under what the call the "special rule for credit card purchases". You will need to send your credit card company ordering them to remove the charge from your bill. That is the easiest way to get clear of this. The timeshare outfit can then sue you if they want to.

I hope this helps.

DCG

David C. Garner, Attorney
Experience: JD with Distinction, Admitted to practice in California