Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

i would like to file a court ordered subpoena for deleted emails

i would like to file a court ordered subpoena for deleted emails that will provide substantial evidence for a criminal activity involving physician/patient sexual misconduct and abuse. these emails were deleted but will be needed in a trial. the emails were from 2/12-6/12, and were "permanently deleted" on gmail. they must be recoverable somehow via servers or the cloud for such an offense. suggestions?
Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

Can you tell me who the email carrier is ?

Also were these email exchanges with you and the other party?

How long ago would they have been deleted?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

carrier = gmail

for the protection and safety of the parties involved, i cannot at this time discuss the individuals involved in the exchanges. My client deleted the emails as a safety issue.

i am not aware of when exactly the emails were deleted; I am sure; however, that it has been longer than the 60 day window mentioned by Gmail for maintenance of email on it servers. the most critical time period to recover for evidence beyond any reasonable doubt is 2/12-5/12.

Hello

Thank you.

Gmail will retain deleted emails for up to 6 months

And they can be subponeaed, though the google folks take their time in getting these matters done.

I suggest if your client was a party to the emails and they were deleted from their email you should first check the trash folder to see if the are still there.

Otherwise you need to serve the Keeper of the Server/Custodian of Records

Google Inc.
Gmail User Support - Decedents' Accounts
c/o Google Custodian of Records
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated..