LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Are the women who answer the phone at the courthouse on the

Are the women who answer the phone at the courthouse on the jury board? I am not well, and I had an argument with one of the women, and my doctor has written a note to them telling them I am unable to serve. Can these women prevent me from being excused if they are angry at me?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. What county are you being asked to serve jury duty in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would rather not say what county. This question is in general....

Of course, I understand. The women who answers the phones are just employees and they have no input or decision making power, in regard to excusing you for jury duty. That is at the discretion of the Judge, based upon the showing of good cause. The argument which you had should have no effect on the decision of the Judge to excuse you nor should their opinions matter, in this situation.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.