Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law

A creditor has places a hold on our bank account in the amount

A creditor has places a hold on our bank account in the amount of 3800.00 The problem is that money is not ours it was deposited in Ohio to our account by my wifes brother to help pay for the care of there mother. Is there any way to get this hold released. We live in Arizona.

Thelawman2 :

Unfortunately not. The only way that your brother-in-law could recover the money is to place a similar lien on your bank account in an attempt to recover the money. But that would basically mean that your wife's brother would have to sue you.

Ok thank you for your help. I guess I just need to file bankruptcy is sad since we only owe about 12k in debt total. With only three creditors.