LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I purchased a home in my daughters name as I am 75 and want

I purchased a home in my daughters name as I am 75 and want her to have the investment. Now I am concerned that if anything happens to her (death) nothing is in my name including mortgage doc's. How can I be protected to keep house.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If you want to be assured that if something were to happen to her, that the home would pass to you, there are really two things that can be done at this time and she would need to cooperate with each. The first and likely easiest thing to do is a quit claim deed and add you to the title of the home. You may also want to include language with a right of survivorship, which would allow the home to pass to you or her, upon the death of the other. The other option to consider is having her make up a will and leaving you the home in that as well, so you could take legal possession upon her death. Your request is reasonable and very common, so it is best to use an attorney to draft the necessary documents, so you will be protected, in the event that something happens to her.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.