Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Can a parent make their 19 year old leave home if they dont

Can a parent make their 19 year old leave home if they don't have any place to go? And if so, can that parent be ordered to pay support to their child until age 21?
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.

.

Yes, the age of majority in Wisconsin is 18 years old. (Wisconsin Statutes 54.01(20)) This means that as soon as a child turns 18, they are legally considered an adult and the parent's legal obligation to house and support them stops.

.

With that said, if the child would not voluntarily move out, the parent would have to pursue a formal eviction action through the courts after serving the child with a 30 day written notice to vacate.

.

.

Thanks