TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

Hi- Discover Bank sued me several years ago. They were unable

Hi- Discover Bank sued me several years ago. They were unable to serve me the summons so the case was dismissed without prejudice. In April, however, the entry

04/04/2013 Inactive File Scanned to Ecase
Scanned copies of all pleadings filed and processed at case initiation.

Here are partial records prior to the dismissal.

01/31/2013 Order

Motion Denied
Associated Entries: 11/06/2012 - Motion to Set Aside

11/06/2012 Proposed Order Filed
Filed By: DISCOVER BANK

Motion to Set Aside
dismissal
Filed By: DISCOVER BANK
Associated Entries: 01/31/2013 - Motion Denied

04/09/2012 Order of Dismissal
Disposal of cases where summons has not been served pursuant to Rule 37.4.1 1-ODISM

Dismiss by Ct w/o Prejudice

02/10/2012 Summons Returned Non-Est
Document ID - 12-AASM-453; Served To - XXXX, XXXX A; Server - ; Served Date - 10-FEB-12; Served Time - 00:00:00; Service Type - Special Process Server; Reason Description - Non-est

----------

A new attorney has sent a letter saying they are attmepting to collect now. It said the case had not been reviewed by an attorney for litigation. The new attorney is calling twice a day but call blocker does not allow the call to go through. I am located in jackson county, MO

My question is what does the 04/04/13 entry mean?

Thank you !

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your legal question.

The 4/4/13 entry is simply an entry which means that the clerk has scanned the file for someone. It is likely that the attorney's firm asked for a copy of all the filings in order to see if they can out any information in it to help them collect from you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am credited by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Kind regards,
Zachary