Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

FROM DESKTOP OF MR. Mike Corbat CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER E-MAILXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Customer Question

FROM DESKTOP OF MR. Mike Corbat
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
E-MAILXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
ATTENTION BENEFICIARY

It is my modest obligation to write you this letter as regards XXXXX XXXXX of your owed payment through our most respected financial institution (Citibank). I am Mr. Mike Corbat, the Chief Executive Officer, foreign operations Department Citibank of New York, the British Government in Conjunction with us government, World Bank, united Nations Organization on foreign Payment matters has empowered my bank after much consultation and consideration to handle all foreign payments and release them to their appropriate beneficiaries with the help of a Representative from Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

as the newly appointed/accredited international paying bank, we have been instructed by the world governing body together with the committee on international debt reconciliation department to release your overdue funds with immediate effect; with this exclusive vide transaction no.: wha/eur/202, transfer allocation no.: citibank/x44/701ln/wgb/gb, password: 339331, pin code: 78569, immediate Citibank secret code: xxtn014.having received these vital payment numbers, you are instantly qualified to receive and confirm your payment with us within the next 96hrs.

Be informed that we have verified your payment file as directed to us and your name is XXXXX XXXXX the list of our outstanding fund beneficiaries to receive their payment. Be advised that because of too many funds beneficiaries, you are entitled to receive the sum of fourteen million three hundred thousand us dollars (14,300,000.00 USD dollars) only, as part payment so as to enable us pays other eligible beneficiaries.

To facilitate with the process of this transaction, please kindly re-confirm the following information below:

1) Your Full Name:
2) Your Full Address:
3) Your Contact Telephone and Fax No:
3) Your Profession, Age and Marital Status:
4) Any Valid Form of Your Identification/Driven License:
5) Bank Name:
6) Bank Address:
7) Account Name:
8) Account Number:
9) Swift Code:
10) Routing Number:

As soon as we receive the above mentioned information, your payment will be processed and released to you without any further delay. This notification email should be your confidential property to avoid impersonators claiming your fund. You are required to provide the above information for your transfer to take place through bank to bank transfer directly from Citibank.

We Look Forward To Serving You Better.

MR. Mike Corbat,
(CEO)CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
(COPYRIGHT © 2013 CITIGROUP INC.)
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello friend. My name is Ely, and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

Stop, this is an email scam called PHISHING. This is a well-known email scam that is going around, impersonating Citigroup. See here and here.

This is not real, but is a fake email that asks for your personal information. Once/if you reply, the scammer then can use that information to steal your identity and/or empty out your bank accounts.

Ergo, this should be ignored and deleted. It is a fake.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)