Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Thanks a lot. So there should be no problem in NY what

Thanks a lot.

So there should be no problem in NY what so ever to publish a list of cellphones that we gathered?

Can you point me to a source? Can I be suit in other states? What states have laws against it?
Thank you for your new question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am afraid that what you are now asking would require a separate search of every state individually and that is beyond the scope of the service we can provide. There are states like CA where you can be sued for invasion of privacy. In fact, if you read the link I already provided it discusses state privacy laws and NY is in the minority that does not have an invasion of privacy tort someone can file. Most states do have invasion of privacy torts and if you disclose someone's personal cell numbers without their approval, it could get you sued in that state for invasion of privacy.

I would not suggest doing so even without a specific law prohibiting the disclosure unless you have permission from the owner of the cell number, as it could also put your organization in a bad public light and public image is important to all organizations.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as http://www.martindale.com or http://www.lexmundi.com or http://www.hg.org to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont see the link?

Can you tell me more about the NY law ?

The link was in the other question I answered that said State Privacy Laws.

As I said, NY has no privacy laws regarding this and they do not recognize the civil suit for invasion of privacy, there is not much more to tell I am afraid. In NY you could publish the information of people in NY. Again, I could not condone such an action without consent of the parties, but it would not be against NY law.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you send the link again? Can I be suit in another state. Is there no such a thing as suing someone for privacy what so ever? Can you point me to a source?

Thank you for your reply.

Click HERE for state privacy laws.

You can be sued in another state if the person whose privacy you violated is in that other state. NY just has no law about invasion of privacy that covers this, so I cannot point you to a source of anything that does not exist.