Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My organisation gathered a list with cell phone number of community

My organisation gathered a list with cell phone number of community My organisation gathered a list with cell phone number of community members may we publish this? Whats the law in NY? and can you show me the source or any related case.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

NY does not recognize the tort of invasion of privacy. They do not have a statute making cell phone numbers confidential, unlike CA. See: State Privacy Laws. Thus, unless the organization has some type of privacy policy (like CA). If an owner does not want their cell number disclosed they must put that in writing to the association.

We cannot communicate via any means other than this forum so we cannot take voice mail if that is what you asked.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as http://www.martindale.com or http://www.lexmundi.com or http://www.hg.org to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.