TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

i reported a case of harrament against my boss and i

i reported a case of sexual harrament against my boss and i am extremely concerned about the ramifications. what can i do to protect myself?
Expert:  TexLaw replied 2 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your legal question.

I'm very sorry to hear about this situation. I need more information from you to be able to tell you what to do from here. Can you please answer the following questions?

1. Can describe further what exactly happened (was there a sexual assault?)

2. How many employees work for your employer?

3. Has there been any indication from the employer that there may be a negative result from you filing your complaint?

4. Tell me about who you reported the harassment to and whether they had you fill out any forms or sign any statement.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the store manager touched my legs and then spread them apart and asked my suggestivly if he could help me out in any way..knowing that my husband was out of town. i cant remember the exact words he used, but it was in reference of how he could be of service or make me happy. i told him we were friend and my husband was his friend.i was astonished and befuddled that he could be so bold and brazen to even make such a suggestion his was a reply was simply that we could be friends with benefits. i tried to laugh if off. truth be told..not so funny.

we have a group of 6 or 7 of us. reporting the cituation was a very heavy decision to make. i called our home store and someone came to help work the shift because i was so upset. made a phone call also to another boss at his home to let him know as well. i dont know what the fallout will be and am scared and confused as to what to do next.

Expert:  TexLaw replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your response.

In this situation, what I would recommend for you to do is file a claim with the EEOC for employment discrimination based on gender. Filing this claim will give you retaliation protection (i.e., if they fire you during the claim, you will have the right to recover a penalty from them or have your job restored).

You can contact the EEOC at their local office, which you can locate using

Once you contact them, they will tell you the procedures for filing a claim and will start an investigation on the occurrence. The investigation may result in the demand for a payment of compensation to you for the event by the EEOC.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am credited by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Kind regards,
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs