TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I am going to be doing a power of attorney for someone in the

I am going to be doing a power of attorney for someone in the USA. How do I go about this.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your legal question.

A power of attorney is an agreement between two parties where one party agrees that the other may legally represent it. They can be limited or general, depending on your circumstances. The agreement is not filed with the government. It is held by both parties and it is simply used and kept on file when the POA party is taking an action on behalf of the grantor. A POA can be revoked at anytime.

That being said, may I inquire into what you are trying to accomplish through the POA?

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My boyfriend resides in Elizabeth, CA. He is in hospital & needs me to take over for him financially. I need to know how to go about this.

Thank you for your response.

You want to use the form you can find here:

You and your boyfriend will need to fill out the form and both sign it in front of a notary. You would then need to get a list of all of his obligations and financial accounts and send the business/account issuer a copy of the signed POA and direct all information regarding the account to be copied to your address for handling.