Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I catch fish commercially and use brokers to help me move my

Customer Question

I catch fish commercially and use brokers to help me move my product.. This is done on consignment. A broker filed for bankruptcy bounced a 9k check. Now dozens of fishermen are being threatened into settlement due to preferential treatment. I provided ample data and communicated via phone/email illustrating business as usual. Now the firm is filing for default judgement claiming I didn't respond. All attempts to retain council have failed, nobody wants to represent the small fish. Dozens of fishing families are being attacked by larger interests that rely upon our catches to make their profits. Please help me and my family
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purpose only.

I am afraid that legally we cannot represent anyone from this site. We can only provide information, is that sufficient?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please proceed.
Thank you for your reply.

I will need some additional information.

The proceeding you are in, is it in the bankruptcy court as part of your claim as a creditor of the bankruptcy?

Did you file a proper creditor claim in writing with the bankruptcy court and attach your creditor proof of claim to the bankruptcy court?