Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Okay then what about this...Im not able to charge money for

Okay then what about this...I'm not able to charge money for items that come standard with the Bare-bones game...but what if I made a plugin or added an item that would not otherwise exist if I hadn't made it myself? This item would be my servers currency. Players can either earn this currently through "manual labor" or purchase it on my website. Either way it will allow them to exchange this currency for anything in the game. I'm not charging them for items, I'm charging them for home made currency and they choose what they do with it.
Thank you for your new question.

This is an often fought battle, the key before you do this is that you have to have the plug in that does not infringe or intrude on their software. If the plug in intrudes on their software it is considered still a copyright violation and if they find someone using a plug in to access their software they can shut you down. I know you are charging for homemade currency, but the botXXXXX XXXXXne is they are paying to access things in the game and this is infringing on the rights of the copyright holder and would violate the game's license and terms and this is going to cause your legal problem. I'm not quite sure how to get around that either as this is a real fast emerging area of law on which there is not a lot of support that allows someone to make a plug in to intrude on another person's intellectual property, even though you do not use their code or program.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as http://www.martindale.com or http://www.lexmundi.com or http://www.hg.org to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.