Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Bankruptcy, I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2010, unfortunately

I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2010, unfortunately things haven't gotten much better. I still have some debt and I only work contract because I cannot find a permanent position. I work as a contract project manager and these project only last 3 to 6 months if I am lucky then I am unemployed again. I couldn't even collect unemployment last time my contract ended. Can I file bankruptcy again? I have heard of a chapter 21 bankruptcy and 13.

What can I do?

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.

Hi roger

Roger : You must wait 8 years from your first filing before you're eligible to file another bankruptcy and receive a discharge. Here's a good link about the time limits:

Ok so I cannot file a chapter 13 then after chapter 7

Roger : You must wait 4 years in order to do that.
Roger : You can file anytime, BUT you can't receive a discharge until the times listed on the link pass - - and if you can't get a discharge, it's really no reason to file.

Yep I saw that thanks for the information!