Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I had siding and windows replaced by the Home Depot. When I

I had siding and windows replaced by the Home Depot. When I requested a written warranty, they e-mailed me some general warranty statement from their web site. Is this all I can expect?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

As a consumer you have the right to request specific written warrant and while it can be in electronic form and can be sent to you by an email, it would have to have all the specific terms of the warrant that pertain to the product or services that you have purchased through Home Depot and I would suggest that you contact general manager of the Home Depot where you made your purchase and request such specific warranty for the product and/or services you got from them.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could you please be more specific about how specific this warranty should be? Thank you.

Dear Sergei,

Thank you for your follow up.

The warranty would have to state as to which services or product it applies, the scope of warranty coverage, the duration of the warranty and any exceptions / exclusions to the warranty.

The terms above are the main terms of any warranty and of course there could be numerous minor terms added.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, it does not have to contain my name or my address?

Dear Sergei,

Thank you for your follow up.

No. It doesn't have to contain your name or address, as long as, you have the proof of purchase, that proof of purchase would entitle you to the warranty.

I wish you the best of luck!