Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I would like to know the statute of limitation for the crime

I would like to know the statute of limitation for the crime of arson. I am interested in knowing when it is no longer prosecutable. This is a personal home in the state of Indiana. If insurance has paid out and collected by the person who committed arson. Can the insurance company come back.

So 1. Criminally how long?

2. Civilly how long?
Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

Please tell me the value of the damage due to the arson. That way I will know what class of Felony it is as that is how the Statute of Limitations are measured.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

approximately 30,000.00 dollars

Hello

Thank you

And as such that would be a Class B felony. The statute of limitations is 5 years. That means criminal charges have to be brought within that 5 year time period. As to a civil matter, it would also be the 5 years - however, it is hard to bring a civil case and prove there was wrongdoing if there is no prosecution of the matter.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.