Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Hi I have owe rear back child support from state of Il for

I have owe rear back child support from state of Il for about 60k. I am trying to get a license in state of California (financial planner or real Estate license) to be able to make more money and take care of this issue some how. however I was told that once they check my finger print, they would not allow me to take the license. I was wondering if this is correct and if there is any way I could apply for these licenses.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am afraid that if you do owe arrears and it has been reported, then the state of CA can refuse to issue any licenses to you. Once they check your background, if they find that you owe this support they will not approve the license and you would have to seek to appeal to the licensing agency and prove good cause for non-payment and seek to convince them to waive your license denial.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.