Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My wife has a 20 year old son living with us. He owns a car

My wife has a 20 year old son living with us. He owns a car and a motorcycle and both are titled only in his name and has insurance only in his name. Should he be involved in an accident in which he is found liable are there any potential ramifications to us since he still lives at home? Thank you in adavance for the answer. Mike
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

Is his name on the title of the home and/or any accounts that are in your name as well?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Ely:

No, his name is XXXXX XXXXX the title/deed of our home or anything other then he is covered by my wifes work medical insurance plan.

Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.
Thank you, M.

Should he be involved in an accident in which he is found liable are there any potential ramifications to us since he still lives at home?

Then arguably, no. Simply because he is related and lives under the same roof does not make others liable for his actions. He is an adult. Only he can be held responsible for his own actions with a vehicle under his own name.

The reason I asked about his name being on property/assets is because if something was to happen, and if he were to be sued, then anything his name is XXXXX XXXXX be attached for satisfaction of a judgment.

But since his name is XXXXX XXXXX the property that property is not subject to this, nor any accounts.

In short, the liability to you personally would be nil.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.
Mike,

I have received a "blank" follow up from you. Did you want to ask something else? Please, try again.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thanks Ely: Follow up question is in the event he suffers injuries in an auto accident and the medical coverage by his auto insurance is insufficent will the hospital come after us since he is living at home? Thanks...Mike

P.S. He has been a daredevil since he was seven that is why all the liability questions.

Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.
Follow up question is in the event he suffers injuries in an auto accident and the medical coverage by his auto insurance is insufficent will the hospital come after us since he is living at home?

Likely not, provided that you nor your wife sign any actual documents with the hospital stating that you would be responsible for this, then likely not.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for your help for I can worry alittle bit less now. Mike

Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.
Well, at least about the finances, yes. I'm sure his stunts are a constant cause for worry... apologies for that!

Good luck, and please don't forget to rate my answer in one of top three faces and then SUBMIT – it is the only way I get credit for my time with you – or, please REPLY to keep on chatting – I want you to be satisfied.
Ely, Counselor at Law