David C. Garner
David C. Garner, Attorney
Experience:  JD with Distinction, Admitted to practice in California

I need help! Im trying to verify if there is a felony on my

I need help! I'm trying to verify if there is a felony on my record. I have all the information relating to my charge. It is AS11.46.130(A)(1) in the state of Anchorage Ak and it took place 1989 and the disposition was in 1994, it was a No Contest Plea Prior to Conversion. There was no jail time served. I have a copy of my criminal history report from the Dept of Public Safety and it shows 2 cts AS 11.46.130A1 and it also shows POS ID: N Felony: Y Disp, and POS ID: N Felony: N Disp and POS ID: Y Felony: N Disp. Please help!
Expert:  David C. Garner replied 9 months ago.

David C. Garner :

Hello, are you there?

David C. Garner :

Hello.....

David C. Garner :

Hello...

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

Have you tried talking to the public safety department to determine their notations? They seem inconsistent with the statute and understanding their shorthand would be helpful.

DCG

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hello Mr. Garner,

Did not know we could chat online, I was told to give email and you would give a response to my concerns. Does it look like I have a felony with the information provided. It also says all records prior to 10/20/03 are converted records. I will call Public Safety and mail the Clerks Office inquiry on question and concerns.

Based on what I can see, the charge itself is a class C felony. Without seeing your exact rap sheet, and going strictly off what you provided, it would seem it was not coded as a felony. I some cases there are reporting errors on rap sheets.

As Alaska has no expungement law, and if to your knowledge this is NOT being reported as a felony, I would tread lightly before I engaged the state to verify the record.

I hope this helps.

DCG

David C. Garner, Attorney
Experience: JD with Distinction, Admitted to practice in California